- Wrap the cloth measuring tape around the head, 1" above the eye brows, over the ears, and around the largest point towards the largest point at the back of the head
- The measuring tape should remain snug, but not overly tight (think of the tightness of a baseball cap)
Tip: If your measurements are directly in between two helmet sizes, choose the larger of the two sizes when purchasing a helmet. A helmet that fits too tight will be a bit uncomfortable, especially after wearing for an extended period of time.
Youth Off Road Helmets
View our size chart for our current motocross and ATV helmets available in youth sizes. A size chart can be found in each description for the exact model you are viewing. Sizing will vary slightly between models. For example: Typhoon Helmets youth KYB07 off road models will have different sizing than Typhoon youth KY121 full face helmet models.
Note: If your measurement is between 2 sizes, it would be best to purchase the larger of the 2 sizes for maximum comfort. The larger size will not be overly large, and the padded liner will keep the helmet in place along with properly tightening the chin strap.
Youth Full Face Helmets
Typhoon full face helmets use a different size chart than off road helmet models. Use the same measuring technique for determining the correct size helmet for your child.
Read more from Typhoon Helmets:
- Dirt Bike Sizes For Kids
- How To Clean A Motorcycle Helmet
- DOT, Snell, and ECE Helmet Ratings
- Dirt Bike and ATV Safety Tips
NOTE: Youth helmets are not recommended for children younger than 5 years old.